Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bakeable Playdough

My kids love playdough, the only problem with this, is that they make things with said playdough and then don't want to relinquish there little creations to glob and put it back in the jar. Which I totally understand! So this morning I made this simple Bakeable Playdough Recipe.
2-C. Flour
1-C. Salt
1-C. Cold Water
2-Tble. cooking Oil
Mix everything together.
Cut out some tin foil to make your creations on. Trust me, its easier than scraping it off the counter AFTER its already done. Bake at 300 for 1-hour.



here they are after they were all baked, ready to paint!


Shanna giving her turtle a little love pat :)


Painting!!


Brison painting his turtle red!


Shanna wanted hers blue!(this was before her blue paint got mixed with the green. It turned out blue-ish green!)


The end results! Didn't they do a great job?!


I painted the little blue bird... Sometime's its fun to be a kid!:)

5 comments:

Ruth said...

So, do they carry them around in their pocket's now? Do you find Bakeable PLaydough crumbs in the laundry now?!

Janet said...

We shall see!! I dont really know how they will hold up!

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael said...

I knew you made the bird!!!!! You are so cool!

Kelly said...

Totally fun! They did a great job!