Friday, January 29, 2010

Aikido

I just got home from my first Aikido (pronounced Akee-doe, Or something like that) lesson. What is Aikido you ask? Well its a form of martial arts. I LOVED it and cant wait for the next lesson! I have always wanted to do some kind of martial art.

I remember as a kid begging my Mother to let me take Karate lessons...to which she firmly told me "NO". Which brings me to my next point...Who told me about this little Aikido class?... MY MOTHER!!! Yes you heard me right...the mother who refused to let me take Karate so many years ago has been taking Aikido for the last couple of months. Have you picked yourself back up off the floor now? Ok, good!

Its amazing to me how life works sometimes...I felt like my "dream" of ever learning this art was over... But I am slowly learning that all because you have kids, a mortgage, bills and so much in your life that can be overwhelming. You don't have to ever let go of a dream, be it big or little.(Yes, I realize that statement was cheesy, whatever. Live with it!)

I am thankful my Mother didn't let me take Karate all those years ago... Because now I get to learn Aikido...with my Mom... How cool is that?!?! Well, along with being cool its pretty ironic to!!

I also like the fact that I can come home and show my husband all the wicked new cool moves I have learned...To be honest, I think he's a little scared of me right now!!! Mwahahahahah

No comments: