Monday, October 18, 2010

INTRODUCING...


LUCY...


An almost three year old Basset Hound... We got her in the hopes that she would help calm down our two-year old Beagle. You see, he is basically a lunatic and Bassets our known for there calm even temperament's, so we figured what could go wrong!(Actually, I wanted to get a Great Dane in hopes that it would EAT the Beagle for Breakfast, but hubby didn't go for that idea...)
And Its working! They get along great! Though she herself seems to have a few little quirks...For instance, she seems to prefer women. When ever I go outside she comes scampering up to me...

With her tongue hanging out...because, OK, I MIGHT have a treat for her :)(maybe THAT's why she like me more? ;) and it doesn't look like she is will be working out to be a guard dog, as she quickly disappears whenever someone new shows up.(she goes and hides behind the barn until they are gone.)

She is a beautiful dog and is fitting in well around here...

Today I caught her sleeping, using the sidewalk as a pillow(Somehow she made it look comfy!)

And I should mention that a certain little girl has taken a very special interest in Lucy and makes it her priority everyday to check on, and make sure Lucy is OK.

Her love of animals Is so sweet....


And just so Im completly honest with you this persons blog had NOTHING to do with me wanting a Basset Hound!(wink, wink)

1 comment:

SarahEatsAlot said...

These pictures are SO CUTE!! I love them :)